Points to Note in Writing a 1st Class History Essay
History is a branch of learning which deals with the past events. Therefore when writing a history essay the student need to explain the reader about the past. In order to convince the reader about the subject one has to bring out the information along with the arguments and the evidence which prove the facts.
When writing a good essay on this subject, a student has to remember few things. A student has to find an appropriate topic which is manageable in a given time frame. A strong introduction with an appropriate topic can do wonders for the essay and with this student is able to show the reader that he/she is aware of the subject before even writing it. At the introduction stage one has to set the background to the subject. Then within the body of your history essay, the student can illustrate the subject by giving out the points gathered quickly in order to set out the direction of the solution. The arguments should be quick and concise. The evidence should be brought in step by step format in order to support the argument. The conclusion stage needs to remind about the important points and the support it provides for the subject.
Tips to write a good essay
- An essay should include the original thoughts of the writer not the thoughts of others.
- Always think about the audience, such as the teacher and other students. They may not be experts in the field, therefore define important terms.
- Make sure that the arguments and the evidence are related to the subject.
- History is a subject which talks about the past. Therefore, explain it accurately as possible to the reader, and be sure of your data and authenticity of your evidence.
- Flow of the subject is very important in order to build up a good essay.
- A good essay should have strong introduction with a memorable conclusion.
Thing to avoid
- Irrelevant facts.
- Giving facts about the subject without adequate support.
- Using flowery language without writing to the point.
History is an interesting yet a vast subject area. Therefore it is very important that the student identify the subject area which is covered within the scope of the coursework in order to choose an appropriate topic for the history essay. Do not restrict your reading to class material and text books but use a wide variety of sources. Also look in to various views extended by historians on the subject. These views can be critically reviewed by the writer which will demonstrate the analytical skills as well as the depth of involvement of the writer in the essay.
Writing history assignments is one of the tedious tasks as it involves going through many data and texts and collecting information on timelines, dates, historic events and host of other matters related to the past. Most students don't relish this aspect of essay writing and this is why they keep postponing their work till last minute. The ultimate result of such procrastination is poor quality work due to rush work or incomplete coursework. If you are facing this situation, call on help from Fastessays.co.uk. Our essay writing service is able to help students with any type of coursework assignments, essays or even dissertation writing. Your History essay will be allocated to experts historians who are well qualified in the subject. All writers at Fastessays.co.uk are MA or a PhD qualified in various fields of their specialties. This is why we can provide the most outstanding of papers, to our customers. Enlist our help for your history essay and be assured of a superbly written paper with excellent content, eloquent writing and 100% adherence to writing requirements.